With its towers, diverse architectural features and harmonious proportions, this property resumes perfectly the eclectic taste and charm of the second half of the nineteenth century. Despite the fact that the property is situated on the edge of a small village and close to a major town, the setting is very peaceful and one could be in the heart of the countryside with views of the surrounding fields and woods. The interiors have been superbly restored with much taste and the present owners have managed to retain the atmosphere of the Belle Époque whilst bringing modern comforts to the property. Possessing 9 tastefully decorated bedrooms (7 with en-suite bathrooms and WC) this chateau would be ideal for a project in guest accommodation.
The chateau: the exact origins are unknown,
however it is thought that the present construction dates back to around
1860 with improvements and additions later in the century. There is approximately
1200 m² of surface with 900 m² actual habitable surface area on 3 floors.
All main structures are in very good condition (slate roof and timbers treated,
40 new wooden double-glazed windows, new oil-fired boiler and radiators,
recent electricity and plumbing). Inside the remains many original features
such as the parquet flooring, marble and wooden fireplaces, cupboards, mouldings
The main entrance is by a magnificent stone staircase.
- spacious entrance hall
- large kitchen opening to dining area
- living room
- library with original frescos
- 2 large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and WC
- corridor and stairs to ground level and second floor.
Second floor: art that can be used as private quarters with
- 2 bedrooms
- living area
- 5 large bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and WC.
Stairs to loft area
Loft area: several former maids rooms and space to convert if required.
Ground floor: several entrances and access to garden.
- large summer room with open plan kitchen
- room with fireplace to finish restoring
- modern health and fitness center comprising relaxation area, sauna, jacuzzi, several showers and WC.
Workshop and wine cellar.
The park: the property is set in 12 acres of parkland with drive, garden, field, small wood and pond. At the far side of the park is a romantic chapel which requires restoration. An automatic gate opens to the drive which leads to the castle.
Access: A77 Paris 2 hrs. Station 10 minutes. All commerces 10 minutes.